- Resources are defined in a JSON or YAML file called a template that describes the AWS resources you want to create and the dependencies between them.
- Resourcesa are not created manually, which is a huge time saver & excellent for control
- Each resource within a stack is tagged with a identifier called a stack ID so you can track the cost of each stack
- Cost of resource can be estimated using the CloudFormation tempalte
- Saving strategy: In Dev, you can delete the stack at 5PM and recreate it at 9AM the next day
- Ability to destroy and recreate infrastructure on the fly
- Automated diagram generation
- Declearative approach to infrastructure: No need to figure out the order of creation